ASLAN Hub is a website featuring articles, news and research on Ancient Sites, Landscapes, Archaeology and Natural history.
As you may have noticed, ASLAN is the acronym we are using for our main subject areas of focus. ‘Aslan’ is a Turkic word for ‘Lion’, and it’s also the name of the fictional lion in The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis.
ASLAN Hub is mainly for those with an amateur interest in subjects we cover, although it may be of interest to those with a professional interest as well. It is for those who seek a deeper understanding of our land and landscape, of human history and origins, and of ancient mysteries.
Areas of focus…
The main subject areas covered are:
- Ancient Sites – well-known places around the world that are of historic, prehistoric or cultural significance
- Landscapes – pathways and tracks, earthworks and other large-scale endeavors that have altered the human landscape
- Archaeology – new finds and discoveries that change the way we view our past, and our origins
- Natural history – all creatures great and small, from dinosaurs to microbes, and not forgetting plant-life as well
The geographical focus is the British Isles and Northern Europe, with occasional articles on places further afield. The chronological focus is everything before 1000 AD, with occasional straying into more recent times.
Comments and feedback…
We’d love to get your thoughts and feedback on the topics we write about on ASLAN Hub, and there are several ways to do this:
- Using the “Leave a Reply” box at the bottom of each article (your email address is not made public, but whatever you write in the ‘name’ box will appear with your comment)
- ‘Liking’ the article if you are logged into WordPress.com
- Sharing the article using the social media icons – or heading directly to our Facebook page
- You can also comment or make contact via Twitter
- And finally, there’s always our contact page for direct messages
We welcome the submission of articles for publication on ASLAN Hub – here are the contributor guidelines. Please do get in touch if you have any ideas for an article, or other kinds of content that would appeal to our readers.
Thanks for dropping by
Mark – Editor – ASLAN Hub